New Marijuana Study Says Everyone Knows You’re High And You’ll Likely Be Stoned Forever
Despite trying to act cool, you’re laughing too much, and everyone is definitely messing with you.
By Dr. Robert Townsend
I am Dr. Robert Townsend, President of Denali Healthcare, a Mt. Pleasant Pain Management office. I read with some interest the ‘Guest Voice’ article on the ‘Dangers of decriminalization’ by Michael Covarrubias. Despite my concern about retribution I felt the need to respond to the outrageous claims made in the article.
It seems that drug enforcement officers such as Mr. Covarrubias have a script for these articles. I’d like to respond to several of their ‘talking points’ about the evils of medical marijuana.
By Chris Jay
Last week, a member of the South African Parliament made a heartfelt plea to President Jacob Zuma and the MP’s to consider his proposal for the introduction of the Medical Innovation Bill.
These few minutes of his speech and courageous words have made national news headlines in the last week around South Africa.
Quinnipiac University Polling survey reveals Ohio support for making possession of small amounts of marijuana legal for adults
Overwhelming 8-1 majority support allowing adults in Ohio to legally use marijuana for medical purposes
A survey conducted by Quinnipiac University Polling Institute on February 12-17 shows 51 percent of registered Ohio voters support allowing adults to legally possess small amounts of marijuana for personal use. Only 44 percent of those polled were opposed.
Support for medical marijuana was even higher, reaching overwhelming numbers. When asked if adults should be able to legally use marijuana for medicinal purposes, 87 percent responded that they should, with only 11 percent opposed.
These results are indicative of a national shift in opinion away from marijuana prohibition and toward regulation and control.
Stoner comedian Mitch Hedberg would have been 46 today.
Hedberg (February 24, 1968 – March 29, 2005) was an American stand-up comedian known for his surreal humor and unconventional comedic delivery.
His routines featured elocutive but often short, sometimes one-line, observational comedy, mixed with absurd and paraprosdokian elements as well as non sequiturs.
Hedberg’s unique comedy and gentle on-stage persona gained him a cult following. Mitch’s surreal one-liners left gaping holes in consensual reality which may never be repaired.
Quotes From Mitch Hedberg
I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too.
You know, I’m sick of following my dreams, man. I’m just going to ask where they’re going and hook up with ‘em later.
If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up.
If you choose to use cannabis (and why wouldn’t you?), there are a few ways to minimize the chances of your becoming one of the 700,000-plus people who will be arrested for it this year.
The best way of avoiding getting busted for pot, of course, is to change the damn marijuana laws already.
But short of that, it’s a matter of using your common sense and knowing your rights.
Well, here’s the thing. It seems Menace is just tired of how fucking dumb most commercial hip-hop is these days… and that dumb-ass, watered down, tepidly commercial shit is what he’s really burying…
Menace is burying that dumb “what the fuck I just heard” commercial shit underneath the avalanche of his sharp, unsparing words, the street-wise poetry of experience, an enlightened cynicism, calling out the namby pamby sellout motherfuckers and not being polite about it. “Real music,” Menace tells us in the song, “organizes people to do shit.”
Toke Signals TV
Produced by Indie Media Weekly
Select a Category
Tagsactivism associated press california cancer cannabinoids colorado DEA decriminalization dispensaries dpa drug enforcement administration drug policy alliance florida hemp hemp news I-502 legalization liquor control board marijuana policy project medical marijuana michigan mpp new york NIDA norml oregon podcast prohibition reefer madness ron marczyk schedule I seattle sharon letts Steve Elliott THC toke radio toke signals toke signals tv toke tv video blog vlog war on drugs washington state worth repeating youtube
- Minnesota: Medical Marijuana Talks Stall; Law Enforcement Won't Budge March 11, 2014
- Colorado: $2 Million In Marijuana Sales Taxes - In First Month March 11, 2014
- U.S.: Dr. Gupta Doubling Down On Medical Marijuana With Another Documentary March 11, 2014
- California: Networking Party in San Leandro To Celebrate A Night of Compassionate Cannabis March 11, 2014
- Toke TV 31: OR Activists Vow To Make Ballot! WA Issues 1st Weed License! CO Cops Want More Pot Money!
- New Marijuana Study Says Everyone Knows You’re High And You’ll Likely Be Stoned Forever
- Is It Dangerous To Decriminalize Marijuana? A Physician’s View
- Toke TV 30: AK Legalization Vote In August! KY, GA Medical Marijuana Bills! MD Legalization Bill!
Toke Signals biggest hits of the week.
- New Marijuana Study Says Everyone Knows You're High And You'll Likely Be Stoned Forever 17 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Dank Tanks: Convenient, Potent Cannabis Extracts For Your Vape Pen 1 comment | by Steve Elliott
- Is It Dangerous To Decriminalize Marijuana? A Physician's View 6 comments | by Robert Townsend
- Parents: THCA Tincture Works Just As Well As CBD For Pediatric Seizures. Here's How To Make It. 43 comments | by Steve Elliott
- LED Grow Lights Make Growing Marijuana Easy — Or Do They? 33 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Toke TV 31: OR Activists Vow To Make Ballot! WA Issues 1st Weed License! CO Cops Want More Pot Money! 2 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Making Medicine: Cannabis Infused Honey Tincture 0 comments | by Sharon Letts
Order your signed copy of The Little Black Book of Marijuana: The Essential Guide to the World of Cannabis, today!
Sponsorship/Advertising OpportunitiesWe are currently offering a limited number of advertising spots. Please visit our Advertiser page for all the details if you are interested.
Toke Signals runs on Blue Host. Support us by using our affiliate link for your hosting purchase at Blue Host.
Friends of Toke Signals
- Alabama Medical Marijuana Coalition
- Americans for Safe Access (ASA)
- Beyond Chronic: Medical Cannabis Information You Can Trust
- Breezy Kiefair: Artist, Writer, Cannabis Warrior
- Cannabis N.I.: Northern Ireland
- Colorado Cannabis Blog
- Drug Policy Alliance Network
- Hail Mary Jane
- Hemp Beach TV
- Hemp CT
- Hemp News
- Indie Media Weekly
- Jay Selthofner, Citizen Activist
- KIEF Radio
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- Lawmen Protecting Patients
- Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Narco Polo: Defending Recreational Drug Use
- No Excuses Entertainment/iBake TV
- November Coalition
- Oregon Cannabis Connection
- PeterMcWilliams.org: A Tribute to Peter McWilliams
- Reality Catcher
- Regina Garson's Blog
- Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation – THCF Medical Clinics
- The Safety Meeting with IAmSafeTDriver